Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our Tree Named Steve

After Chris' dad (Steve) passed away, Hannah was given a book called "Our Tree Named Steve" by my sister, Shanna. It is a beautiful book for children dealing with the loss of a loved one. It couldn't have been more perfect. As soon as we finished reading it, Hannah turned to me and said, "I'd like to plant a tree and name it Steve, after Grandpa. I'll call it grandpa, daddy will call it dad and you can call it Steve, mommy". Tears in my eyes - and Chris' we said "Yes" of course. On the first day of spring, March 20th, we planed a Red Cherokee Brave Dogwood Tree and named it Steve. A Dogwood for Virginia, A Red flowering tree for Wisconsin (Steve's school color) and a Cherokee brave because he was one of the bravest, most amazing person I have ever met and was privileged to call family.

No comments: