
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
New Puppies
Well, it's a long story. We got 2 dogs, didn't know one was in heat, took them both to get fixed and our female was pregnant. Our options were abort or keep. I went back and forth (really - I didn't want puppies) but my continence about the aborting kept weighing on me. We got 2 older, trained dogs that don't shed because my family wanted dogs badly and that was my sacrifice (due to my allergies). The fact that we got one dog, let along 2 dogs was big. Then I got a pregnant dog - and the fact that I am sitting in my living room with 6 dogs right now is quite ironic. Ariel had 4 puppies. 2 girls and 2 boys. They are pretty darn cute (for now - all they do is roll around and whine). When they start walking/running and barking we'll see how I feel about them:) We will keep them for 8 weeks and then find new homes for them. Hannah has named the girls Chloe and Coral and the boys Triton & Sebastian (since the parents are "Ariel the Little Mermaid" and "Jiminy Cricket When you Wish upon a Star" we went with a Little Mermaid & Pinocchio theme). My mom has fallen in love with the runt, Sebastian (which she would like to change his name to "Mr. Skeffington"). He has been a whole ounce smaller than the rest since the beginning. I believe she will be taking him home!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment